7 Styling Tricks and Tips to Look Slimmer and Taller in Jeans
How to look slimmer in jeans – Almost every girl’s dream is to look stunning, tall and slender.
Not all girls magically hit their goal weight, but I assure you that using this sneaky wardrobe tricks will help create an illusion that does what you are looking for.
Without further delay, let’s get it, I wish I had these tricks up my sleeves earlier.
Well, I’m happy for you, you’re the lucky one here!
7 Fashion Tricks and Tips Every Girl Should Follow
Below are seven wardrobe tricks and tips on how to look slimmer in jeans. Do read on.
1. Pay attention to the length
When you’re dressing to look slender in jeans, ensure you pay special attention to the length.
Jeans that ends an inch or two below the ankle will elongate your body, especially when paired with the right pair of shoes, usually the pointy-toed types.
2. Go for darker shades of jeans
Denim jeans come in diverse colours, ranging from white, pale blue and dove Grey through dark indigo, charcoal and inky black.
It’s best to select a denim shade in the darkest end of the colour range.
Also, note that most dark denim jeans require some extra care to launder.
Read Also: The Shoe Style Guides for Ladies
3. It’s a Big Yes to Higher Rise Jeans
High-rise jeans can do wonders to make you look instantly thinner.
Well, it works because well-fitting higher-rise jeans elongate the lower body tricking the eye into seeing a leaner you.
It helps hold in your tummy, smooth your shape along the hip line and eliminate the risk of muffling top.
When shopping for high-rise jeans to make you look skinner keeps a few essential tips in mind;
- Look for a pair of jeans with a waistband that hits directly above the belly button.
- Shop for jean in a dark wash, and directed above – deep blues and black jeans are the best.
- Jeans that come with one – button zipper closure are best fit for holding in a tummy.
You also want to know what not to wear, if you want to look skinnier in high waisted jeans. Avoid like the plague any jeans that:
- Have a button fly.
- Are constructed with an elasticised waistband.
- Finally, don’t include at least 1% of stretch (Lycra or Elastane in the fabric).
4. Always keep your rearview in check
If the way your buttocks looks in jeans gives you great concern, worry less.
All you need to do is to pay special attention to the back pocket construction when shopping for a new pair of jeans.
The right pocket design can minimise your bottom for a skinnier look, while the wrong back can make your rear look larger.
5. Go for a Perfect fit
More than any other item of clothing, ill-fitted jeans can visually pack on the pounds.
That’s why it’s essential you buy jeans that fit you perfectly right, knowing your correct jean size is essential when you go for jean shopping.
Generally, you will look at your leanest in jeans that are neither too tight or too baggy.
Here are a few to-go rules to follow when buying various types of skinny jeans;
- Skinny jeans should hug your hips, bottom and legs, without squeezing them too tightly.
- Boyfriend jeans must be of the straight leg than baggy in the cut if you’re trying to look, skinner, whatever your body type.
- Waistband that holds firmly but gently holds in their middle, without cutting into the waist and creating an unattractive mutton top effect.
6. Choose the Perfect Fit for your Body Type.
Shopping for jeans is a lot easier and takes less time when you start with knowing which style flatters your figures and which not to bother with.
7. Wear with the Right Shoes
It’s vital to finish your outfit with well-chosen shoes.
The suitable pair of shoes elongate your legs right down to your toes, while ill-fitted pair of shoes makes your legs look shorter and thicker.
For the skinnier look in jeans, try pairing a dark shade of denim jeans with a black shoe or a dark-coloured shoe.this will give you the most leg extension.
I hope you find this article interesting and useful. Kindly share your thoughts below.
You can as well share the article to friends and relatives. Thanks for reading.